Digitizing Theory (196)
Chapter 5 - Digitizing Theory (Digital Data Acquisition)
- Digitizing Theory—Bits, Bytes, Words
- Kilo, Mega, Giga, Terra, Peta…Googol
- Coding Conventions
- The Analog-to-Digital Transformation
- The BiPolar A-to-D...Offset Binary Coding
- A/D Conversion Characteristics
- A/D Conversion “Gross Errors”
- A/D Conversion “Small Errors”
- A/D Resolution
- Resolution vs. Number of Bits
- Full Scale Sine Input Dynamic Range—“Effective Bits Test”
- Dynamic Range—“Effective Bits Test” Spectral Calculation
- Real System Dynamic Range Characterization
- Dynamic Range…Zero-Input Response
- The Effect of Analysis Bandwidth
- How Many Bits are Needed?
- The “Effective Bits” Test
- “Effective Bits” Results
- What’s The Difference?
- Which Characterization Should be Used?
- An Alternate Effective Bits Calculation